AVBOB is Africa's largest Mutual Assurance Society providing a one-stop funeral insurance and burial service solution.
As a Mutual Assurance Society, AVBOB does not have any external shareholders and our policyholders benefit directly from our successes.
Why? Because belonging to a Mutual Society is like belonging to a family and in a family, people share with one another.
So, when we say our policyholders benefit, we mean it! Over and above the normal annual bonuses, AVBOB has over the past eight years
allocated an incredible
R 4,6 billion in special bonuses and enhanced FREE
funeral benefits to more than 4,6 million lives assured with us.
The enhanced FREE funeral benefits for policyholders, when AVBOB does the funeral, include the following:
* A FREE basic funeral* (burial or cremation)
* FREE transportation of the deceased in South Africa.*
The FREE basic funeral and transportation of the deceased is valued at R9 300 and is over and above the sum assured on your AVBOB policy.
The FREE basic funeral benefits consists of:
• A free specified coffin
• Free use of a specified hearse
• The arrangement of the funeral
• The execution of the funeral
• The collection and transportation of your loved one to the AVBOB mortuary
• The use of AVBOB’s mortuary facilities
• Graveside tent and 10 chairs
• Preparation of the deceased and coffining (Preparing your loved one for burial/cremation)
• Assistance with the completion of all official documents
• A R250 contribution to a funeral notice in a newspaper of your choice
• An ash coffin (Where applicable)
• The use of a lowering device at the graveside
• PLUS FREE transportation of the deceased anywhere in SA
These FREE funeral benefits* are over and above your policy value and special bonuses declared.
* FREE basic funeral for policies in force two years and older. Policies that have been in force for less than two years qualify for a discount of up to R4 000 off the funeral.